Recently things haven't been all rosy for me, but I just prefer to focus on the pleasant stuff when blogging, or decide to not blog at all.
Today was exceptionally bad and culminated in a misunderstanding with someone close to my heart.
Since the advent of my break up with B in 2004, I've become increasingly distant in terms of what I share with people I perceive to be 'outsiders'. Even within my inner circle there are people I don't tell everything to, for a multitude of reasons.
Maybe this is why I take what they say extremely literally, on ocassions when I do tell them what's going on or what I'm worrying about. I guess today was no exception.
Nevertheless, I am very aware the person wasn't intending to hurt me at all. But rather to reassure me and remind me to look to Him.
Well, I can't say I will not be expecting a miracle here.
Well right now, there are only two titles (books) on this silly island that bear the name of David Garland and only one is related to my research topic. What is more, both are reference books and so I will not have the luxury of working over them at home (where my PC incidentally is).
Nice.
We have a world class airport, a world class shipyard, a world class "education system" .. but only .. wow! TWO titles by David Garland.
Is it me, or what? And why in the world did I choose to study this stupid course anyway?
So I could be lucky and have a ready-made, already narrowed down research base waiting for me tomorrow at the NLIB, or have it completely backfire on me and not have anything to go along with.
Apparently I'm the only one who understands how ridiculous this whole thing is.
- 11 October 2006 11:49pm -
No comments:
Post a Comment